Appearance and Character Edit
When Emily Sanderson first meets Zed, he is jovially plump and wears fine outfits befitting a court wizard; when she meets him at Mountaintop, he is tall and thin. He is often described as having an uncertain or frightening gaze.
Zed was said to be more obsessed with his studies in alchemy over his role as court wizard of Zangaria. He takes immense pride in his work, to the point of getting enraged if anyone questions his skills or seeks another person's help. Even while holding power, he prefers research over exercising his controls; because of his obsession, he is seen as unambitious, winning the trust of many in authority.
Zed studied under an alchemy master who he describes as being "a little strange in the head."
It is believed that he worked for King Randor because none of the other royal houses would take up sponsoring his experiments.
- ↑ The School of Hard Knocks, Chapter 9
- ↑ Lessons in Etiquette, Chapter 18
- ↑ Lessons in Etiquette, Chapter 25
- ↑ Lessons in Etiquette, Chapter 36
- ↑ Love's Labors Won, Chapter 36
- ↑ Lessons in Etiquette, Chapter 21; The School of Hard Knocks, Chapter 37; Love's Labors Won, Chapter 15
- ↑ Lessons in Etiquette, Chapter 21
- ↑ The School of Hard Knocks, Chapter 37